Skip to main content

Baby's Back








TheBattering Ram-Odot Truck




Damaged side and back window totally smashed. Frame was bent also...I felt nothing, just heard the crash! Now it's beautiful again!

Got my "baby" back after being in repair all summer...the guy is a genius who did it as he had to put the backend of another Volvo onto her. She was hit by an Odot Truck four times or more her size and I got the ticket because I was sitting at the median, though the truck driver had been no where in sight when I pulled out from the stop sign and the sun was in his eyes.
Driving her is a thrill after the Tracker I've been driving to work to save on gas. I own one single stock in Volvo, but plan to buy more. I think they are the best car on the market (we've had several).
This one I bought from an Arab who disappeared after 9/11 and his money backer found the cars from his lot scattered at different airports...so I reported him to the FBI. ---At least I got a beautiful car before he fled!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Back Again...Thanks, Holly

After a year off from this blog, I have decided to come back. Life was slow and I was in a fog since losing sister Martha on my birthday in 2008, but now I am starting to want to live again. Thanks to Holly on Decor 8 for inspiring me tonight to reopen this blog. http://www.decor8blog.com/ She has been a lifesaver to me at times when I felt disconnected from the beauty in this world. Will be posting from time to time again.... Hope you will check back in with me. Love, Marilyn

Retirement Looming

Now that teaching is drawing to a close...June is but a few months away...I find myself thinking of the words to the song, "Is that all there is, is that all there is, then lets keep dancing, bring on the beer, and have a ball...if that's all, there is." I think Peggie Lee sang it. ---- It's like closing off a part of myself that has been me for the last 30 years and entering a new life in retirement. Marilyn Above painting done by a California artist by the name of Hessam...saw his work at a beautiful gallery in Petoskey, Michigan.

It's Finally Done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The yearbook was submitted today!!!!! As yearbook editor I work with a staff of 20 junior high students who take almost all of the pictures for the book. It's 64 pgs., all color. They use a Sony Mavica camera with floppy disks, so the pictures are not as sharp as I would like, but it's easy for the kids to take and view on the computer right away. Shown are two facing pages from this year's book arriving late May. Am already plotting an easier way to do the book next year and things that could be different. Have the staff all year, first thing in the morning, so the kids are like family. Really enjoy doing the book with them... We have the books published by Walsworth Yearbooks . My rep Shelley is just the best ever...patient, helpful, professional, down to earth...just a terrific gal! I have a nasty habit of turning the book in late...procrastination is my strong card, so she has a lot to put up with, but takes it in stride. Thanks Shelley!