Skip to main content

House Bitch





Husband Bob is taking care of our daughter Beth trying to get her back to health. She was bone thin and not eating, fighting taking seizure meds., not getting exercise or outside enough. She is making small progress and it warms my heart to see it.
Today Bob proudly renamed himself. Instead of Manny, he's House Bitch. It s with his favorite name for me...Witch Face.
When I came home from work today the house was picked up and scented candles were lit everywhere. I told him how romantic of him. "Not really" he replied, " I had Beth out in the car with me all day and we weren't home...when I returned, I lit some candles because the house smelled funky." So much for that!

Comments

Ali Ambrosio said…
Ah, the romance never dies, does it?

What a funny story.

I'm glad to hear that House Bitch's efforts are paying off and that Beth seems to be recuperating her health.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Back Again...Thanks, Holly

After a year off from this blog, I have decided to come back. Life was slow and I was in a fog since losing sister Martha on my birthday in 2008, but now I am starting to want to live again. Thanks to Holly on Decor 8 for inspiring me tonight to reopen this blog. http://www.decor8blog.com/ She has been a lifesaver to me at times when I felt disconnected from the beauty in this world. Will be posting from time to time again.... Hope you will check back in with me. Love, Marilyn

Retirement Looming

Now that teaching is drawing to a close...June is but a few months away...I find myself thinking of the words to the song, "Is that all there is, is that all there is, then lets keep dancing, bring on the beer, and have a ball...if that's all, there is." I think Peggie Lee sang it. ---- It's like closing off a part of myself that has been me for the last 30 years and entering a new life in retirement. Marilyn Above painting done by a California artist by the name of Hessam...saw his work at a beautiful gallery in Petoskey, Michigan.

It's Finally Done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The yearbook was submitted today!!!!! As yearbook editor I work with a staff of 20 junior high students who take almost all of the pictures for the book. It's 64 pgs., all color. They use a Sony Mavica camera with floppy disks, so the pictures are not as sharp as I would like, but it's easy for the kids to take and view on the computer right away. Shown are two facing pages from this year's book arriving late May. Am already plotting an easier way to do the book next year and things that could be different. Have the staff all year, first thing in the morning, so the kids are like family. Really enjoy doing the book with them... We have the books published by Walsworth Yearbooks . My rep Shelley is just the best ever...patient, helpful, professional, down to earth...just a terrific gal! I have a nasty habit of turning the book in late...procrastination is my strong card, so she has a lot to put up with, but takes it in stride. Thanks Shelley!