Skip to main content

Fighting Farewells



Today I felt alive again. Pitching and actually working on paper piles...have been stacking things too long.

Found a list of people on our jury for the malpractice suit 16 yrs. ago for our daughter...intended to thank them right after the the case settled our direction, but I guess I could still try... May be hard telling them thanks for their time after so many years.

Also found a business card an old boyfriend gave to my sister to give to me. She said he was now a lawyer but had a bad muscular disease and I wonder now if he is still living...he wrote his home number on the back, but I'd never call his house as he married and had kids.

And a note from the daughter of a friend who died a couple of years ago...Martha was a librarian/artist who grew up in New Orleans and had the best sense of humor. Should contact her daughter Perry. Martha is buried in a vault in a mausoleum across the street from Erma Bombeck's grave. We went there once to visit Martha's husband's vault and she gave me a tour of the place. I need to stop in and talk with her.

Piles of memories. No wonder I let them sit. I'm trying to let go, but I invested part of my life in all of them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Back Again...Thanks, Holly

After a year off from this blog, I have decided to come back. Life was slow and I was in a fog since losing sister Martha on my birthday in 2008, but now I am starting to want to live again. Thanks to Holly on Decor 8 for inspiring me tonight to reopen this blog. http://www.decor8blog.com/ She has been a lifesaver to me at times when I felt disconnected from the beauty in this world. Will be posting from time to time again.... Hope you will check back in with me. Love, Marilyn

One Moment That Will Last Forever

Daughter Beth is now in her 30's. She was born with brain damage and at the age of two we had her tiny little Jenny Linde bed next to ours to monitor her as she was on meds. for seizures. I leaned over to check her in the morning and returned to my place in bed. To my surprise, she crawled up on our bed and planted a kiss on my cheek. That has never happened since, but I can tell you it has lived in my mind over and over like a long playing movie. Any parent with a child who displays autistic tendencies and lives in their own world knows what I am talking about. Bonding is such an issue. I hug her, stroke her hair, and bond as much as she will allow. I know she loves me, but have learned to accept she cannot physically respond in kind. Our world is blessed to have her, just the way she is, as we have learned to treasure each and every simple thing life has to offer. God Bless the miracles in our lives!

God Be With Me

  Wednesdays are my day off from husband Bob and daughter Beth...Mostly I run errands. After stopping by our son's house down the road, I returned to the car and saw these sticks forming a cross by my front tire..."God is with me today" I said out loud. Looked for house items and a few things for Bob's birthday next week that will no doubt be returned. He is very hard to buy for...Stopped at Penera for my favorite Broccoli Cheese Soup, before heading home. Once back, I put Beth to bed, and cleaned up after Bob's dog who is not house trained yet. Bob was asleep in bed (or playing possum) so I went online to Facebook where I saw a recipe for Penera's Broccoli Cheese Soup by chance (?). The thing is I used to wonder how people can say God talks to them. Now I feel that if you look for miracles in life you will see puzzle pieces that fit. It can be as simple as a cross, a recipe or something more earth shaking. But all are bits of the life he puts before you...