Skip to main content

HEY JUDE!!


Jude and I are the Supreme Goddesses of email venting. No subject is safe from our discussion. I especially like it when Jude has naughty thoughts and adds . Jude's husband loves politics and world news events, but Jude says she prefers to live a shallow existence...she hides her intellect. She is very emotional and loving in regard to her concern for her students and others in need. Her gorgeous daughter Amy is in college and I believe Jude is totally devoted to her happiness in life. The funniest story of Jude and Amy was on the way to school one day, Jude was wearing her cow costume for Halloween and they were having a "difference of opinions". Amy started to laugh and Jude asked why. "Mother," Amy said, "I am arguing with a cow!" - Jude introduced our latest adjective...skank...love it! When we first met as teachers in the same building, I gave Jude a notepad thinking it had her name on it...she still has the pad that has the name "Jean" on it. I have things that remind me of Jude. A purple hair scrunch she gave my daughter. A small bookmark with her name on the back and a picture frame, both gifts at sometime from her. -- We talk about family, friends, school, fashions, tv personalities, emotions, health issues, food, shopping, bills, etc. I know whatever I tell her is off the record. Her emails come at anytime during the day or night...Since they are unpredictable in subject, they are usually the first ones I read. I have chuckled over and over at her jabs and comments...she is so hilarious!
God Bless Jude. Friends Forever as the necklaces say.
Night-Mare
P.S. - Jude, I didn't have a good mugshot of you that I thought you would like, so hope the cow works until you can send me a good shot of you to add to the post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Back Again...Thanks, Holly

After a year off from this blog, I have decided to come back. Life was slow and I was in a fog since losing sister Martha on my birthday in 2008, but now I am starting to want to live again. Thanks to Holly on Decor 8 for inspiring me tonight to reopen this blog. http://www.decor8blog.com/ She has been a lifesaver to me at times when I felt disconnected from the beauty in this world. Will be posting from time to time again.... Hope you will check back in with me. Love, Marilyn

Retirement Looming

Now that teaching is drawing to a close...June is but a few months away...I find myself thinking of the words to the song, "Is that all there is, is that all there is, then lets keep dancing, bring on the beer, and have a ball...if that's all, there is." I think Peggie Lee sang it. ---- It's like closing off a part of myself that has been me for the last 30 years and entering a new life in retirement. Marilyn Above painting done by a California artist by the name of Hessam...saw his work at a beautiful gallery in Petoskey, Michigan.

It's Finally Done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The yearbook was submitted today!!!!! As yearbook editor I work with a staff of 20 junior high students who take almost all of the pictures for the book. It's 64 pgs., all color. They use a Sony Mavica camera with floppy disks, so the pictures are not as sharp as I would like, but it's easy for the kids to take and view on the computer right away. Shown are two facing pages from this year's book arriving late May. Am already plotting an easier way to do the book next year and things that could be different. Have the staff all year, first thing in the morning, so the kids are like family. Really enjoy doing the book with them... We have the books published by Walsworth Yearbooks . My rep Shelley is just the best ever...patient, helpful, professional, down to earth...just a terrific gal! I have a nasty habit of turning the book in late...procrastination is my strong card, so she has a lot to put up with, but takes it in stride. Thanks Shelley!