Skip to main content

Everything in 2's

Two homes, one up north for the summers and the other a state away the rest of the year. No connection between them. It's easy to forget the other exists as the lifestyles are so diverse. Right now I have undertaken to do extreme makeovers on both residences, as cheaply as possible, as environments are becoming increasingly important to me.

Come to think of it, Two seems to be my magic number...
Two children, two grandchildren. Two brothers, one sister but together we make two. Two wonderful parents I constantly thank God for....

Two occupations: my day at work teaching school and at home trying to address daily issues as they arise.

Two husbands...well, sort of...at home, my life partner husband Bob with the gorgeous blue eyes is my mentor, friend, comedian, and all. And my "work husband" who mirrors my husband's personality as much as I mirror his wife's personality. Two bosses, two secretaries that keep me up to date (Ginny and Kathy are the best secretaries in the entire universe!!!).

Even when I shop I buy at least two of everything so I don't have to make a second trip.

I have numerous friends (who are not off the hook as they will be mentioned in time as well!) but the two I am in contact with the most are Jude and Linda. Both could not be more worlds apart. One lives in a beautiful new home in the woods, married with one child. The other in a vintage home in town, divorced many years, having raised five children. The one thing they both have in common are great sense of humor and venting with great vocabularies!


Two ...well, you get the picture...sort of the ying/yang existence I live.

My blog is about simplifying my life working with the twos. I hope in some way I will touch common chords of experience that make you feel you aren't so alone after all.

Until two-morrow!
Marilyn




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Back Again...Thanks, Holly

After a year off from this blog, I have decided to come back. Life was slow and I was in a fog since losing sister Martha on my birthday in 2008, but now I am starting to want to live again. Thanks to Holly on Decor 8 for inspiring me tonight to reopen this blog. http://www.decor8blog.com/ She has been a lifesaver to me at times when I felt disconnected from the beauty in this world. Will be posting from time to time again.... Hope you will check back in with me. Love, Marilyn

Retirement Looming

Now that teaching is drawing to a close...June is but a few months away...I find myself thinking of the words to the song, "Is that all there is, is that all there is, then lets keep dancing, bring on the beer, and have a ball...if that's all, there is." I think Peggie Lee sang it. ---- It's like closing off a part of myself that has been me for the last 30 years and entering a new life in retirement. Marilyn Above painting done by a California artist by the name of Hessam...saw his work at a beautiful gallery in Petoskey, Michigan.

It's Finally Done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The yearbook was submitted today!!!!! As yearbook editor I work with a staff of 20 junior high students who take almost all of the pictures for the book. It's 64 pgs., all color. They use a Sony Mavica camera with floppy disks, so the pictures are not as sharp as I would like, but it's easy for the kids to take and view on the computer right away. Shown are two facing pages from this year's book arriving late May. Am already plotting an easier way to do the book next year and things that could be different. Have the staff all year, first thing in the morning, so the kids are like family. Really enjoy doing the book with them... We have the books published by Walsworth Yearbooks . My rep Shelley is just the best ever...patient, helpful, professional, down to earth...just a terrific gal! I have a nasty habit of turning the book in late...procrastination is my strong card, so she has a lot to put up with, but takes it in stride. Thanks Shelley!